SMART Test Solutions Ltd carried out the above for a client recently.
This one was done 100% correctly from a planning, and site point of view, with early involvement with the client from the concept stage.
Initial discussions and planning were followed up with a full site walk though and mark out with all items marked up as per agreed references with the client’s representative’s engineer.
The overseeing engineer was second to none, kept involved, very experienced, very professional, and most importantly very helpful.
Full safety protocols were adopted and dealt with prior to going onto the site, and while on-site at all times.
Testing included the following,
• Rebar location and rebar cover, on walls, beams, slabs and soffits.
• Slab thickness measurements.
• Localized breakout to record physical bar, type, condition, size and physical concrete cover readings.
• Rebar assessments.
• Concrete Coring, being very careful to avoid hitting rebar, which we did successfully on all occasions.
• Proceq Resipod Surveys.
• Lab testing included, core compressive strength, core carbonation, chloride content, sulphate content.
• IS 398 Under floor Fill Investigations.
• IS 465 Concrete Block Investigations.
• Extra client survey requests while on site carried out with no problem.
• Report presented in a totally new format which the experienced engineer commented that it was the best-presented report he had seen, easy to navigate, and easy to find particular results,and this report was linked to the location survey carried out on site.
All equipment was in calibration and site calibrated also in front of the client and a Hilti Ferroscan repeatability survey was carried out and 100% location accuracy was found.
Surveys were carried out to the client’s satisfaction, with more areas covered after the client requested some more on site, and the report was issued on time and the proof of a successful project was the award of immediate repeat work from the same client.